We are seeking an experienced scientist to help us build software development tools to support the emerging field of quantum computing. You will work with other team members to develop the enabling technology behind our products and will work closely with our product, engineering and design teams to ensure the successful implementation of product features and specifications. You should have a deep technical knowledge of compiler design or programming languages. You should have good communication skills and a passion for pushing at the boundaries of technology. Having knowledge of quantum computing is not necessary for this position, but is beneficial.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing team that will influence the software architecture for our software development tools and will lay the foundation for future products.
- Work with other employees to design and implement Horizon’s products
- Solve scientific and technical problems in support of Horizon’s product development and implement these solutions in computer code for integration with Horizon’s products and services
- Mentor junior scientists on the team to enable their progress within the company and improve on technical skills
- Maintain proper documentation of your work and present results both internally and externally
- Write reports, research papers and technical documentation as maybe required by the company
- Work with other employees and external partners to develop and protect novel intellectual property relating to quantum hardware and software innovations
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific and technical advances
- A PhD in Computer Science, Quantum Computing or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years or more of post-doctoral work or equivalent R&D experience at a comparable level.
- Expertise in compiler development or programming languages design
- Programming experience with C and C++ and preferably also with Matlab or Python
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Highly motivated with a passion for learning and driving technical progress
- Excellent collaboration, communication and documentation skills
- Experience with working on commercial software development
- Working knowledge of quantum computing
About The Company
At Horizon Quantum Computing, we are developing tools to simplify and expedite the process of developing software for quantum computers, a fundamentally new form of computer that exploits effects from quantum physics to more efficiently process information. We are an international team headquartered in Singapore, with key markets spread out worldwide.