We are seeking an early-career scientist to help us build software development tools to support the emerging field of quantum computing. You will work with other team members to develop the enabling technology behind our products and will work closely with our product, engineering and design teams to ensure the successful implementation of product features and specifications. You should have a strong understanding of the physical processes behind quantum hardware and some exposure to modelling quantum circuits in the real world. You should have good communication skills and a passion for pushing at the boundaries of technology.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing team that will influence the software architecture for Horizon Quantum Computing and will lay the foundation to support future products.
- Work with other employees to design and implement Horizon’s products
- Solve scientific and technical problems in support of Horizon’s product development and implement these solutions in computer code for integration with Horizon’s products and services
- Maintain proper documentation of your work and present results both internally and externally
- Write reports, research papers and technical documentation as maybe required by the company
- Work with other employees and external partners to develop and protect novel intellectual property relating to quantum hardware and software innovations
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific and technical advances
- A MSc degree in Computer Science, Physics, a related engineering field, or an equivalent experience
- Experience in quantum hardware and modelling realistic quantum circuits
- Programming experience with C, C++ and Python and preferably also with Matlab
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Highly motivated with a passion for learning and driving technical progress
- Excellent collaboration, communication and documentation skills
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Physics, a related engineering field, or an equivalent experience
- Experience of professional software development and software development processes
- Working knowledge of quantum computing
About The Company
At Horizon Quantum Computing, we are developing tools to simplify and expedite the process of developing software for quantum computers, a fundamentally new form of computer that exploits effects from quantum physics to more efficiently process information. We are an international team headquartered in Singapore, with key markets spread out worldwide.