We are seeking an experienced senior scientist to help us develop capabilities towards secure quantum computing. Horizon staff have previously contributed to the development of many of the known secure delegation protocols and Horizon currently hosts a node on Singapore’s national quantum communications network. You will have the opportunity to develop and implement quantum protocols to enable users to securely access remote computing resources in a real-world setting. You should have familiarity with blind or verifiable quantum computing, with experience in either quantum communications or cryptography beyond key distribution. You should have good communication skills and a passion for pushing at the boundaries of technology.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing team responsible for the research and development behind our product roadmap.
- Develop protocols and hardware architectures to enable secure quantum computing, and work with others to realise successful experimental demonstrations of secure delegation.
- Work with other employees to design and implement Horizon’s products
- Solve scientific and technical problems in support of Horizon’s product development and implement these solutions for integration with Horizon’s products and services
- Mentor junior scientists on the team to enable their progress within the company and improve on technical skills
- Maintain proper documentation of your work and present results both internally and externally
- Write reports, research papers and technical documentation as maybe required by the company
- Work with other employees and external partners to develop and protect novel intellectual property relating to quantum hardware and software innovations
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific and technical advances
- A PhD in Computer Science, Physics or a related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years or more of post-doctoral work or equivalent R&D experience at a comparable level.
- Expertise in quantum networks and cryptography
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Highly motivated with a passion for learning and driving technical progress
- Excellent collaboration, communication and documentation skills
- Research experience in blind quantum computing, verifiable quantum computing or other forms of secure quantum computation.
- Experience working in an industry setting.
- Experience coordinating projects with multiple partners or stakeholders.
About The Company
At Horizon Quantum Computing, we are developing tools to simplify and expedite the process of developing software for quantum computers, a fundamentally new form of computer that exploits effects from quantum physics to more efficiently process information. We are an international team headquartered in Singapore, with key markets spread out worldwide.